The MMO have announced that the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (EMFF) will be open for applications from the 18th January 2016. Guidance notes on the new programme are expected to be released in early January and will be available from this page to explain what type of projects the fund will support. Seafood Cornwall Training will be able to assist you in developing your project idea and guide you through the application process.
If you have a project idea and would like assistance then please do contact us on 01736 364324 or email Amy Thurtle at Amy.Thurtle@cornwallrcc.org.uk
The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly FLAG has now committed over £500k of its budget and is currently supporting live projects that are encouraging young new entrants into the industry, developing new processing methods, adding value to catch and developing small harbour infrastructure.
The FLAG still has some funds remaining and is open to ideas from fishing businesses, harbours, fishermen’s associations and community groups looking to develop projects under the following themes:
- Safe working harbours
- Encouraging and supporting young people into marine careers
- Innovation research and diversification
The Cornwall FLAG has funded projects that have contribute to one or more of the following key themes:
- Developing sustainable supply chains and market development
- Providing infrastructure and communal facilities for fishing communities and cooperatives
- Capacity building, cooperative development and networking
- Training, retention and recruitment including diversification
- Coastal communities, tourism and economic development
- Advocacy and engagement for fishermen
- Regional sustainable management engagement
Amy Thurtle , the Fisheries Community Animateur is employed by Cornwall Rural Community Charity and is available to create, develop and deliver FLAG Funded (EMFF) projects.
Based in Newlyn and supporting the county, the service acts as a ‘go to’ for anyone seeking guidance, information or assistance. If you have an idea or project which enhances and can sustain your coastal community, the Animateur will turn your aspirations into a reality. Support is available with creating ideas, sourcing funding and supporting your application with business plans and costings.
Contact Amy for further information on 01736 364324, email Amy.Thurtle@cornwallrcc.org.uk or pop in to Seafood Cornwall Training for an informal chat.