The MCA has put in place contingency plans to mitigate disruption to essential delivered services as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.
- The usual 3 months deadline to complete basic safety training has been extended to 6 months.
- The 1 day Sea Survival course for new entrants may be waived for up to one person per vessel and only for vessels where the minimum crew/manning level is 4. If there are fisherman who do not hold a 1 day sea survival course, the Skipper of the vessel must complete a checklist with fisherman to ensure they have ship board familiarisation on use of survival craft and related equipment. Evidence should be documented and kept onboard and untrained crew members must be registered with Seafish. please refer to the document below.
- The MCA will apply a 3 month extension on the time allowed for all fishermen to complete the Seafish 1 day Safety Awareness and Risk Assessment course.
- These measures offer a shot term solution to the problems of fishermen’s training not being available during this current lock down period. We will continue to monitor the situation and update as required.
MCA training requirements COVID: Fishermen_s_Short_Course_Requirements COVID
Whitelink Seafoods (Cornwall depot) has vacancies for Factory Operatives / Filleters / Fish Packers / Drivers with current CPC license to work from the Newlyn depot. Applicants must be available for early starts and flexible hours. Rates dependent on experience. Contact Sarah by email firstname.lastname@example.org
RENOWNED ESTABLISHED FISHMONGERS
MUST HAVE QUALITIES INCLUDE
· EXCELLENT KNOWLEDGE & PREPARATION SKILLS OF ALL SPECIES
· GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
· LIVELY & ENERGETIC FOR A FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT
· EARLY RISER & GOOD TIME KEEPER
· HONEST & RELIABLE
· ABLE TO WORK ON OWN & AS PART OF A TEAM
· CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE
· HAVE A WILLING ATTITUDE
· BE WILLING TO CHANGE & IMPROVE ON ROLE AS THE BUSINESS GROWS
IN RETURN WE OFFER
· EXCELLENT RATES OF PAY
· 28 DAYS HOLIDAY A YEAR (PRO RATA FOR PART TIME)
· A GREAT WORKING ENVIRONMENT
APPLICANTS MUST APPLY BY CV TO PENGELLYSOFFICE@AOL.COMAND PROVIDE 2 REFERENCES WHICH WILL BE REQUIRED.